Blogging Your Way to Success
At 11:53 AM, January 14, 2010, there were 270,645 bloggers with 274,360 new posts, 356,009 comments and 62,765,517 words on WordPress. WordPress began in 2005 and allows you to blog your way to success through content creation, personalization and sharing and reading information.
WordPress has set up lots of ways for you to input engagement content to your website, by writing, posting photos and videos, and adding content to your blog, including mobile apps.
- Add quotes, images, and videos to your blog while browsing other web sites with the Press This bookmarklet.
- Post by email makes it easy to publish blog posts from any email client. (It’s what I use to post to my photoblog.)
- Post additional media to your blog, like video, with the VideoPress Upgrade and music, with the Space Upgrade
- Use shortcodes to display videos, slideshows, polls, maps, and more.
- Write posts, upload photos, edit pages, and manage comments on your blog using WordPress for iPhone, WordPress for Blackberry, and m.WordPress.com.
- Import your blog to WordPress.com from other platforms, like Blogger and TypePad.
- Schedule posts and pages so your blog can update itself, change your post and page timestamps, and display a page as your front page.
You can customize how your blog looks, set the domain to be your own and pick your language.
- Customize the appearance of your blog with the Custom CSS Upgrade.
- Map your domain to remove “.WordPress.com” from your blog’s URL.
- Change the language of your dashboard and blogs, contribute translations to WordPress.com using GlotPress. WordPress has support forums in Dutch, Farsi, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish.
Share and Read
WordPress has built in some cool sharing and reading features so you can easily let people know about your new posts and also see what other people are blogging.
WordPress are designed to give you up-to-the-minute data about your visitors: how many there are, where they’re coming from, which posts are most popular, and which search engine terms are sending visitors to your blog.
You can change the look of your blog with over 75 attractive themes ranging from professional to fun to crazy, and you can switch themes instantly with just a click of a button. Each theme allows you to customize your sidebar using widgets, and several themes let you upload your own photo or image for the header bar. WordPress adds themes regularly based on user requests. If you’re a CSS pro, you can also customize your CSS code.
With WordPress you can share Twitter posts, add Flickr photos, aid a SocialVibe cause, and do lots more without touching any code. Just drag and drop the widgets around, and instantly you can have fun stuff in your sidebar.
Adding a WordPress blog to your company page is a free and accessible way to add engagement content to your web page. Keeping your customers focused on your products and services and keeping them engaged on the content found in your site, will turn visitors into customers.