4 min read
This article is a collection of 5 of the best Internet marketing tips and tricks that we've both found and implemented over the past year. We've had great success with all of these Internet marketing tips, so we thought it only fair to share them with our readers and clients on this blog. If you have questions on these tips or could use our help as professional inbound marketers, feel free to give us a call or email us anytime.
The 5 Best Internet Marketing Tips and Tricks of 2011
1. Off-page vs. On-page SEOThis is one of the best Internet marketing tips we've ever come across, and we will even tell you where we found it. It came from an eBook that we read by Brian Clark, CEO of Copyblogger.com. In this book, he reveals a detail about SEO that everyone in the Internet marketing arena should focus on - "What happens off the page is much more important to SEO than what happens on the page."
What this means is that no matter how densely you pack in keywords and phrases - the biggest thing that matters when it comes to SEO and your Webpage's Google ranking happens on other people's sites, not your own. More specifically, the more incoming links to your article that are out there on the Web and Blogosphere, the higher your page will rank in Google. The lesson here is extremely valuable - create top quality content that other bloggers and Websites will want to link to.
2. Guest BloggingSo how do you get others to link back to your Website and Blogposts? There are lots of ways, but one of the most widely used by professional Internet marketers is known as guest blogging. Guest blogging is exactly what it sounds like, you work with another Blog in your niche (preferably one with a large following) and offer to write a Blog post for them that their (and your) audience will value. It is commonplace in guest blogging that the author will be able to get a link back to their own site, either at the beginning or end of the article, and can sometimes link to their Blog posts within the article itself, where the information is relevant. In many instances, the other Blogger will also reciprocate and guest blog on your Site, which is a Win-Win, because you now get quality content from a recognized blogger.
3. Multiple DomainsAnother Internet marketing trick that we have seen great results with is buying multiple domain names with your niche's heaviest keywords and phrases within the URL and setting up blogs on them. This Internet marketing tip has to be utilized carefully and here are some pointers. DON'T just throw duplicate copies of your main blog on them, this will get Sites blacklisted from Google very quickly.
Instead, take the time to come up with original content for them, all of which is relevant to the content on your main blog. In each article, make references back to your main blog and provide SEO optimized links back to the articles on your business's main Site. Doing this effectively can move your company's site up the Google ranks to the front page. It's like having a fleet of ships out there, rather than just the one.
4. Hire Good WritersHere's an Internet marketing tip that requires a bit of money, but can take you a long way in the inbound marketing game - Hire good writers! Many of us are skilled businessmen and come up with innovative ideas every day, but just don't have the training or time to write effectively. There are people in this business who specialize in writing content for the Web, and these writers can make all the difference when it comes to bringing traffic to your Site.
5. Use Multi-MediaAnd finally, here's an Internet marketing tip that we've been using more and more every week - Use multi-media like videos, podcasts, presentations, slide shows, quizzes, infographs and animations to bolster your Blog posts and social media presence. You have to put yourself in your audience's shoes - every time you get on a computer, are you looking to read? Many people are not, and get tired of reading after the first 30 minutes or hour that they're online. They begin to seek other forms of media, and this is where your blog can get an edge. Offer those entertaining but educational videos that people will respond to, your audience will not only appreciate it, they will share them with other people - and this is one of the quickest ways to get your business's name out there.
Published on July 11, 2011