What Is Lead Nurturing?
In its simplest definition, lead nurturing is the process of building relationships at buyers within each stage of the buyer’s journey. The main focus is on listening to their current needs and delivering educational content to help them find the answers they need.
There are several benefits to lead nurturing. You can:
- Establish and reinforce your credibility and continually build trust.
- Maintain an open channel of communication to stay top of mind.
- Reduce the sales cycle timeline and potentially upsell and cross-sell.
- Gain more insights into what your ideal customers want, need, and are interested in.
- Identify segmentation opportunities to deliver more targeted content at the right time.
- Drive referrals and eventually fuel more lead generation.
The process of lead nurturing consists of many components, including:
Lead Generation Strategies
How will you nurture leads if you don’t have any? You need a strong strategy in place to actually capture contacts for your database.
An effective lead generation strategy includes:
- Enticing calls to action (CTAs)
- A high-value lead magnet or content offer
- An optimized landing page
- A straightforward thank you page
These conversion paths fit into your marketing funnel.
Marketing and Sales Funnel
You want to know where each prospect is within the funnel. This is a shared funnel that both sales and marketing are responsible for.
Source: Campaign Creators
By fully understanding how to place leads within your funnel, your marketing and sales team can nurture them in a more effective way.
Lead nurturing can help advance your prospects through their journey from awareness to decision.
You can build a robust lead nurturing campaign around each buyer persona’s stage. This way, you have relevant content to further engage your leads to move them closer to making a buying decision.
With the right automation software, you can build effective email campaigns with personalization and targeted content at scale. Automation makes lead nurturing seamless, taking a lot of manual labor out of the equation.
These tools also help with optimization and reporting. This way, you know you’re getting the most bang for your buck with each of your lead nurturing campaigns.