Why Does My Business Need Content?
Content creation is a vital aspect of your entire marketing machine.
It plays a part in every stage, from attracting traffic and generating leads to closing customers and turning customers into brand advocates.
Source: Content Marketing Institute
No matter the industry, companies are investing big in content marketing efforts. And they’re seeing results.
- Content creation is the area of content marketing where there has been the biggest increase in spending over the last year, with a boost of 56 percent. (Content Marketing Institute)
- 55 percent of marketers say blog content creation is their top inbound marketing priority. (HubSpot)
- Marketers who prioritize blogging efforts are 13x more likely to see positive ROI. (HubSpot)
- 73 percent of marketers said blog posts/articles were the most effective content type in the early awareness stage when used for demand generation purposes. (Content Marketing Institute)
- 96 percent of top performing marketers say their organization has built credibility and trust with their audience. (Content Marketing Institute)
- The top goals B2B marketers achieved using content marketing successfully in the last year include creating brand awareness (81 percent), educating audiences (73 percent), building credibility and trust (68 percent), and generating demand and leads (68 percent). (Content Marketing Institute)
Content creation is not just about having a blog for the sake of having a blog. There are many benefits that fuel business growth.
The Benefits of Content Marketing
While the current digital content landscape is incredibly crowded, it’s crowded for a reason.
Content marketing drives results.
Sure, it’s highly competitive, but that’s why you need to create high value, educational content that stands out from your competitors.
And when it does, you can see major advantages.
Content Marketing Amplifies Brand Awareness.
You need an active presence online to build a strong reputation. Your audience will start recognizing your brand name the more you help them solve problems through helpful content.
But brand awareness is just one benefit of creating content.
Content Marketing Builds Trust and Credibility With Your Audience.
Beyond brand awareness, the bigger benefit is trust and credibility.
Once they know you and you continually educate them through content, they will start to see you as an authority figure in your industry.
Content Marketing Drives Conversions and Sales.
The more trust you earn, the more likely visitors are to download your content offers in exchange for their contact information.
This is called lead generation. Once you have their contact information, you can nurture them with more content to move them through the buyer’s journey. Your content marketing efforts can also support your sales team, who can then close leads into customers.
Content Marketing Is Cost Effective.
While content marketing requires a continuous investment of resources in creating and distributing content, it actually costs much less and is far more impactful than traditional marketing methods.
Research found that content marketing generates more than three times the amount of leads than outbound tactics, whole costing 62 percent less. Your dollar goes much further in content marketing investments.
Content Marketing Boosts Your Ranking Potential.
From an SEO perspective, with consistent investment in high-quality content creation, you can boost your potential for ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs).
You can earn backlinks, improve your domain authority, and start ranking for search queries your target audience uses to find solutions to their challenges and pain points.