Sometimes even the best of us hit that creative brick wall. It seems like no matter what you do, take a walk, grab a cup of coffee, or hit the gym, can't get you back on track. That's the time to turn to these marketing quotes for inspiration from some of the brightest marketing minds around!
From marketing guru Seth Godin to Albert Einstein all have valuable insights that can help us to see the world differently and break down that creative brick wall so we can get back to work!
Here are 35 inspirational marketing quotes to pump you up and get you back on track!
1. “The Best Way to Predict the Future Is To Create It.” Peter Drucker
What Peter is saying is be a leader and create the change you want to see.
2. “An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail.” Edwin Land
Failure is the best teacher when pushing the boundaries of marketing or any other creative endeavor.
3. “Whether it's B2B or B2C, I believe passionately that good marketing essentials are the same. We are all emotional beings looking for relevance, context, and connection.” Beth Comstock
Well written content touches the reader emotionally and intellectually.
4. “Don't be afraid to get creative and experiment with your marketing.” Mike Volpe
Don't be afraid to try something that hasn't been done before. It might become the next big thing!
5. “Make your customer the hero of your stories.” Ann Hadley
By focusing on their needs, and successes, your marketing becomes relevant.
6. “Content builds relationships. Relationships are built on trust. Trust builds revenue.” Andrew Davis
Today, marketing is about building relationships. Create content that builds your company's esteem in the eyes of your readers and they will drive your growth.
7. “The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well that the product or service fits him and sells itself.” Peter F. Drucker
Inbound marketing gives us unprecedented information about who buyers are and what they need. Use it to create targeted content that makes your product or service indispensable!
8. “Marketing is no longer about the stuff you make, but about the stories you tell.” Seth Godin
Build the story behind your product. It humanizes your efforts and connects with customers.
9. “If you wait until there's another case study in your industry, you will be too late.” Seth Godin
In digital marketing the playing field changes... fast! The time to act is when information first becomes available. If you wait, the opportunity has already passed you by.
10. “No matter what, the very first piece of social media real estate I'd start with is a blog.” Chris Brogan
Social media is a great way to share information and build relationships with prospects. While Facebook and Twitter engagement is important, the best way to introduce yourself and your business is through longer form content like a blog. It allows you to truly showcase your expertise.
11. “Instead of one-way interruption, web marketing is about delivering useful content at just the precise moment that a buyer needs it.” David Meerman Scott
The beauty of digital content is that relevant information can be delivered on a precise timeline. By understanding where a prospect is in their buying cycle you can precisely meet their needs.
12. “Increasingly, the mass marketing is turning into a mass of niches.” Chris Anderson
Personalize your approach to marketing to truly connect and build relationships. Market to a group of one.
13. “Creativity is intelligence having fun.” Albert Einstein
It's important to remember that what we do should be fun! While marketing is serious, the process should be fun and exciting.
14. “The consumer is not a moron; she is your wife.” David Olgivy
Ogilvy makes a great point. Don't talk down to your customers.
15. “Good marketing makes the company look smart. Great marketing makes the customer feel smart.” Joe Chernov
See number 14!
16. “If you are an artist, learn science. If you are a scientist, cultivate art.” Karin Timpone
Great marketing is equal parts art and science. Cultivate a knowledge base of both. Balance your approach!
17. “You can't sell anything if you can't tell anything!” Beth Comstock
Make your marketing bigger than your product. Personalize, humanize and tell your story.
18. “Build it and they will come” only works in the movies. Social media is a “build it, nurture it, engage them and they may come and stay.” Seth Godin
Social media marketing is a marathon, not a sprint. Take the right steps and you can build the trust to create the sale.
19. “ … the Internet has turned what used to be a controlled, one-way message into a real-time dialogue with millions.” Danielle Sacks
Today, it's no longer about selling, it's about engagement. Create content that engages the reader and build your brand through engagement.
20. “In today's information age of Marketing and Web 2.0, a company's website is the key to their business.” Marcus Sheridan
Today, your prospect will immediately go from your blog or other content to your website to research who you are. Make sure that they find the information they need.
21 “What makes content engaging is relevancy. You need to connect the contact information with the content information.” Gail Goodman
Know your target market, their needs, pain points and buying habits. Then deliver the content they need to meet them.
22. “More contact means more sharing of information, gossiping, exchanging, engaging – in short, more word of mouth.” Gary Vaynerchuk
Social media content gives you the opportunity to generate word-of-mouth by creative engagement. Engage to stay top of mind.
23. “Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.” Coco Chanel
No marketing quotes list would be complete without Coco! Create an emotional response that builds trust. Keep it Simple!
24. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” Henry Ford
Learn from your mistakes, adjust, and then try again.
25. “If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time.” Zig Ziglar
Target your message, target your market. Social media is about being real, honest, and delivering information.
26. “Your brand is so much more than what you sell.” John Iwata
Everything you do is a reflection of your brand. That includes content, social media, and engagement. Always answer questions, always engage, good, bad, or indifferent!
27. “There is nothing more valuable than a spotless reputation.” William Shakespeare
See number 24. Marketing quotes from the Bard? Who knew!
28. “People shop and learn in a whole new way compared to just a few years ago, so marketers need to adapt or risk extinction.” Brian Halligan
Stay current, keep learning. Start with a solid foundation and never stop learning.
29. “ Understand why and how your audience uses technology and then start trying to align your communications efforts.” Brian Reich & Dan Solomon
Know your prospects. Understand how to reach them, and align your message, delivery and information.
30. “The attention economy is not growing, which means we have to grab the attention that someone else has today.” Brent Leary
In a competitive market differentiation is the key. Find what makes you different and spread the word.
31. “Increasingly, search is our mechanism for how we understand ourselves, our world, and our place within it.” John Battle
The best content in the world is useless if it can't be found. Learn not only how to deliver your content, but the ways to get it found. Always use SEO best practices.
32. “Search, a marketing method that didn't exist a decade ago, provides the most efficient and inexpensive way for businesses to find leads” John Battle
Search works both ways. Use it to learn more about your prospects to better target your message and approach.
33. “Doing well with blogging is not about writing one key post, it is about performing day after day and helping a few people at a time.” Aaron Wall
Remember, inbound is a marathon not a sprint. Build relationships one at a time. There are no shortcuts stay consistent.
34. “In a way, the web is like your Hollywood agent; It speaks for you whenever you're not around to comment.” Chris Brogan & Julien Smith
Your online presence can sell for you, build trust, and engage your readers 24/7/365. Make sure that you focus on your message, your delivery, and your substance.
35. “ How can you squander even one more day not taking advantage of the greatest shifts of our generation? How dare you settle for less when the world has made it so easy for you to be remarkable!” Seth Godin.
Marketing quotes can be tough love, some inspirational tough love Seth Godin...
With so much customer information available, sometimes the freedom and possibilities can be overwhelming. These are the times to turn to marketing quotes from thought leaders and historic figures for the inspiration you need to break down the walls and continue the march forward towards greatness!